Saturday, February 21, 2009

Miso Soup

The snow is falling today in Detroit, so I decided to make a soup recipe that I came across a few weeks ago, MISO SOUP. I found the recipe on the 101 Cookbooks Blog. Tons of good recipes there, so you have to check it out. Go to this website for following the recipe: http://101cookbooks.com/archives/miso-soup-recipe.html

Here is what you'll need:

3 ounces dried soba noodles
2 - 4 tablespoons miso paste (to taste)
2 - 3 ounces firm tofu (2 handfuls), chopped into 1/3-inch cubes
a handful of watercress or spinach, well washed and stems trimmed
2 green onions, tops removed thinly sliced
a small handful of cilantro
a pinch of red pepper flakes

I was unable to find Soba noodles at my grocery store, so I used Maifun Rice Sticks instead. I also used the spinach instead of watercress, and used more than a pinch of red pepper flakes, because I like it spicy! ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Rev. Mr. Joseph McCauslin said...

You can usually buy miso soup in the ethnic section of your grocery store...I know that I will be living off of miso soup for the next few weeks.