Monday, September 1, 2008

Robert "Dino" Comer

I was at the laundromat the other day and I met one of the most exciting and energetic people in my life, Robert "Dino" Comer. I was sitting at the table, and he just introduced himself to me, and we started talking. He was delivering a ton of positive vibes and you could tell he was a "regular" at the laundromat. Now that I think about it, I don't even think he was doing laundry? Anyway, his story is one to be shared with the world. Trust, I'm pretty sure he is sharing it, since he was sure that I left with a newspaper article (you have to read it) and the link to his little spot on YouTube, but maybe I can help him out even more. I'll sum it up for you...Dino did work in tv, motivational speaking, and worked in education. His mother became ill with cancer, and he left his job to be with her. She eventually lost her battle with cancer in 1999 and Dino lost his desire and passion for living. He has been homeless in Detroit for the past 7 years, but a had an eye opening moment. He took steps to get his life back on track, and he is now a student at WAYNE. He was so excited the other day when I met him because that very afternoon he was moving into his first apartment. He said, "I've owned 4 houses already, but never lived in an apartment." Be sure to check out his videos on YouTube and drop him a line or two. He'll love it! If you're looking for a motivational speaker be sure to consider Robert "Dino" Comer. I have his contact info. Feel free to ask. His book, Homeless Sweet Homeless, can be found in bookstores by the end of the year.

No comments: