Thursday, December 16, 2010

Frech Dip Recipe

I followed the recipe as is, and didn't add any of the additional changes that were recommended at the bottom. We LOVED this! It's super easy! Thanks to my friend Sara for sharing! Next time I make it I'll follow the additional comments and see which is best.

Easy Slow Cooker French Dip

Ingredients

  • 4 pounds rump roast
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
  • 6 French rolls
  • 2 tablespoons butter

Directions

  1. Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer. Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  3. Split French rolls, and spread with butter. Bake 10 minutes, or until heated through.
  4. Slice the meat on the diagonal, and place on the rolls. Serve the sauce for dipping.


Additional Changes (These are recommendations from someone else.)
This was amazing. I took a lot of advise from others. I used a chuck roast, Campbell’s Consommé, a can of Campbell’s French Onion Soup, added garlic powder, onion powder, a touch of worcestershire, and only half a can of beer. It took me 5 minutes to throw everything into the cooker. When I came home I sliced it up and put it back into the juice for another hour. I buttered the rolls and added shredded mozzarella cheese and threw them under the broiler until the cheese melted. This was a huge hit. My family loved it. Not at all dry. They can't wait for me to make it again. Trust me when I tell you this was the best/easiest dinner. You've gotta try it

No comments: