Monday, January 26, 2009

Best Turkey EVER!

Today I made my very first Turkey. Cleaning it was super gross and I had thoughts that I would never make another turkey in my LIFE, but then I ate it! Absolutely amazing! It was really easy, and SO worth the wait. My friend Janelle suggested using a recipe that she saw on Oprah, so that's what I used. Here's what you need:

Marinade:
* 1 1/2 cups Dijon mustard
* 3/4 cup soy sauce
* 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (do not discard lemon rinds) - I juiced 4 Lemons
Turkey:
* 1 (15-pound) free-range turkey
* 2 bunches fresh poultry herbs
* 2 to 3 cups hot water

The link to the recipe is at the bottom of this post. One thing I did, that is not included in the recipe, is soak the turkey in salt water. My friend Jenny shared that with me. The marinade is super easy to make and I'm betting that it would be good with chicken as well. Try it out and let me know how yours turned out. I loved it so much, that I'm volunteering to make next years Thanksgiving dinner for the family. Scrumptious! Definitely one to make again!

http://www.oprah.com/recipe/food/recipespoultry/pkgcristina/20081118_tows_turkey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim Gates sent me a link to your site via Twitter - I recently started a cooking blog, so I'm always interested in new recipes. This turkey sounds delicious. I will have to give it a try!